People provide different opinion while choosing to live in city or countryside. Both come up with different advantages and drawbacks as well. Dense population, air pollution, water pollution, sound pollution and stressful life are some common scenario in city life.
Does this mean living in the countryside more heavenly?
What is Rural or Countryside Living?
Basically, a village is a natural growth of a human community, where people lives generation after generation. Thus the base of rural life is strong and powerful.
Most of the people love living in the countryside for it’s slower pace of life and pleasant environment. A famous English poet William Cowper mentioned country life is the place for God living, in his poem The Task – published in 1785.
The town is man’s world, but this (country life) is of God.- line 16
What Is City Life Living?
A city is a community of a large number of human settlement that comes up with lots of advantages and drawbacks as well. There are no exact rules how a city form. But most of the globalization experts are agreed, a town gradually converts into a city to adopt huge population pressure and offer them all modern facilities.
Comparing with village life, a city offers more advantages like job opportunities, recreational facilities, better transport, better education and all modern technologies for easy communication. People love city life for its fast movement, though cities are congested to live.
Major Differences Between City Life vs. Country Life
Living in city and countryside are totally different. Living in countryside offers more open space, pollution-free environment, healthy food and healthy living.
But most of the time, people from villages are dependent on cities for some facilities like better education and treatment. There are less educational institute and health care centers that can offer quality service.
On the other hand, City life offers a glamorous life with all necessary advantages. You are in the center of everything, where you have easy access to all modern amenities that make your life colorful.
Though cities have all modern facilities but living in the city is more mechanic and complex. Thousands of people living in a small territory and they are not inter-connected with strong bonding. Everything is most likely artificial that makes the city life stressful and complex.
Let’s compare the blessing and drawbacks of City and Country Living
|The basis for comparison||City||Country|
|Life||Fast and complicated||Simple and relax|
|Pollution||Associated with pollution||Less pollution|
|Convenience||Enjoy modern exposures||Away from modern facilities|
|Personal Fitness||More Incorporate With it||Less Required|
|Cost of Living||Expensive||Cheap|
|Collective Mentality||Break down the traditional value||Put uphold their cultural heritage|
|Employment||Better job opportunity||More prone to blue color jobs|
|Marriage and Divorce||Drastically changing||Dominated and deeply rooted the local culture|
What Are Some Major Difference Between Urban And Rural Areas?
Before I start talking about Urban and Rural life, let me clarify what Urban and Rural area is? Cities and Towns are commonly considered as Urban area, where Hamlets and Villages are considered as Rural area.
Is Urban vs Rural & City vs Country Life Are Exact Same Thing?
Well, people are always puzzled and confused about searching for an accurate answer, I’ve already discussed city and countryside living to give a general overview of Urban and Rural life. Both are most likely similar, but there has a tiny little difference in between them.
Let’s Review Some Common Difference Between Urban and Rural Life
- The urban settlement includes cities and towns where rural colony includes village and hamlets.
- Life in urban society is complex and complicated, whereas in rural it’s very simple.
- An Urban person belongs to a different caste, belief, religion and culture as well. Most of them do not hold the same social status. However, the rural population is homogeneity, so more or less they hold same social status.
- Due to the presence of built environment, urban areas view greater isolation. In contrast, rural people have a direct relationship with nature and all natural elements influence on their living.
- The progress of Urban areas happens in a systematic way because of mass industrialization. But Rural life remains unchanged for years or happens with a slow
- In Rural areas, people are more active in the term of religious and social responsibilities. Thus the unity in Rural areas is stronger than Urban area.
- The culture of Urban life is basically a mixture of various types of culture. As many different people from different culture live in the same This has both advantage and drawback as well. People enjoy the taste of different culture together, but the number of participant with a strong belief is less.
- Division of labor and specialize job allotment are always present in an urban community. But employment opportunity in a rural area is always limited. Thus people move in the Urban area for a better employment opportunity.
- In the rural area, people belong high social status. Everyone knows each other and youth are bound to respect adults. But people in the Urban area lives most likely unknown and they are careless about social responsibilities.
What Is The Difference Between City And Town?
Are city and town are the exact same thing? Well, there has a tiny little difference in between this two. The geographical placement, size, and amenities are some common parameter that helps you identify a city or town. A city comes with all necessary advantages and considered as a major part of a country.
On the other side, A town is depended on a city for all major advantages through this offers more advantages than a village. Especially all resident of town is dependent on the city for any major types of administrative activities.
- The town is smaller than a City but larger than a village. Both city and town have unique and intuitive feature, lifestyle and purpose of life.
- The growth of city happens more quickly comparing with the town. Conversely, towns do not expand in a similar way. Sometimes policymakers merge two or more towns together and transform them into the city.
- People of Town are always dependent on Cities for administrative works. Because all important administrative offices are situated in the cities.
- Corporate bodies and Policy Makers of a country maintain the country from cities.
- Difference country has a different regulatory body. But in most republic countries, a Mayor is the head of a City, where a Chairman is the head of a Town.
- Different countries use various processes to make a classification. In the US, a ‘City’ refers to a legal term that means an urban area with autonomous power. In other countries, they do not have this legal term, but they generally refer it as a large settlement.
Key Contrast Between City and Country Life
Busy City Life vs Quiet Country Life
Of course the mobility of life impacts on better lifestyle. Cities are more congested and move so fast. To keep pace with busy city life people moves like a machine and thus living in a city is more stressful. But city life always ensures better civil rights and access to all modern facilities.
On the other hand, slower pace of life is an intuitive identification of country life. Country life is centralized in a small area, people get enough time to move comfortably. But people of villages are dependent on cities because most of the modern technologies are absent in village area.
Mass Polluted City vs Less Polluted Country Life
Environment pollution like air, noise, and water pollution are easily identical in city life. New factories and motor vehicles are launching almost every day and mass industrialization is the reason behind of this type of pollution. However, city life has more employment opportunities than country life.
On the other hand, living in countryside ensures fresh air, pollution-free water, and noise-free living. People of the countryside are less prone to the diseases like asthma and bronchitis that happens for polluted smoky air. But less employment opportunity tends to move villagers into the city.
Amenities of Living in City
City life offers all modern advantages and recreational activities like theater, park, museum, sports club, libraries and monuments to increase the beauty. Bank, Post office, Telecommunication centers have multiple branches in near distance that ensure receiving quick and comfortable service from them.
Amenities of Living in Village
Living in the village is always calm, relaxing, peaceful and healthy. Fresh food, fresh vegetable, and healthy atmosphere always ensure a healthy life, mental peace, luxurious living with more freedom. Night in village appears with drizzling stars that end with the chirps of the bird when a shiny morning appears.
Cost of Living
Nevertheless to say expenses in the city are higher than country life. In cities, all necessary food are imported from villages and thus the price is always high. In this aspect, villagers get fresh food at low cost. But City peoples are fortunate to taste all kind of food available in the country.
Purchasing a house in the countryside is cheaper than buying a house in the city. Most of the people own a large house in villages that come up with huge open spaces. On the other side, to ensure all civil rights in the city, people adapt living in a small compartment with their nuclear family.
Social Value and Collective Mentality
Country life offers more social value and responsibility. People are strongly connected with each other with family relation as well. All are more helpful to each other and don’t avoid social responsibilities. They are always respectful to women and adults and affectionate to youth and kids.
In this aspects, city people are selfies and busy with their own life. They are not inter-connected and thus their life is complex and they face lots of trouble in their daily life. But law enforcing agencies are more active in city life that ensures secure city life.
Love and Relationships
Bonding Between Family Members
The relation between family member impact on happy life. People in country life are more respectful to family relation. Traditional marriage system is common in the village life and they are obedient to their spouse. On the other hand, In complex city life, the rate of divorce is high for weak family relation.
What Are Some Blessings of Country Life?
Both Country life and city life has some drawbacks, but living in the countryside is outweighed by lots of healthy element. People who love peace and comfort, always try to take advantages of living in the countryside. Living in the village has some positive aspects that encourage people to live in the countryside. Let review some blessings of county life.
- Social Security and Ease of Living
- Less traffic jam & Easy Movement
- Fresh Healthy Food and Close To Nature
- Relation Between People & Helping Mind
- Low Crime Rate
What Are Some Blessings of City Life?
Life of a city is full of modern facilities. People love to choose city life because of various facilities. Let’s review some blessings of city life:
- Cheap, Fast and Better Transportation System
- Safe Drinking Water And Healthy Sanitation
- Better Education and Employment Opportunity
- Modern House Hold Advantages like gas line, electricity, and water supply
- Advanced Telecommunication Facilities like the Internet, Fax, Telephone line.
- Modern Recreation Advantages – Theater, Park, and Museum
- Different cuisine offered in different restaurants
Comparing all these data, you might think living in the village is delightful and heavenly. But you will find some people, who argue the city is the better place to live, because of it’s advanced amenities. In the end of the day, it’s a big mystery and most of the time the debate remains unanswered – What is the best place to live? City – Town or Village?
What do you think? Let me know, I am eagerly waiting for your words.